Tuesday 27 October 2009

Episode 401 - Squid Salad

Welcome to the fourth installment of my-kitchen-2-yours! I apologise for not updating and posting for a month. But guess what? I'm back! :0) For this new season, I'm featuring some of the recipes which I have gathered throughout the past month. All ranging from local fruits to simple 5 minute dishes for the busy workaholics!

To start, the following recipe is for those who can make good food even if it's from a can! Well, I do this if my fridge is out of food. This is a very good dish if you are short of time to make a fully prepared meal. It has pretty much of a local taste to it. Try it out!

Squid Salad


Ingredients:
1 can - 175g "Sotong" or Squid in Soya Sauce (Rex Brand); shredded into rings & tentacles separated out. 1/4 of Large Onion; sliced. Half a shallot; sliced. Half an inch of Ginger; stripped. Half a Chilli; sliced. 1 1/2 tablespoon of Sweet Dark Soya Sauce. 2 "Limau Kasturi" or Local Lime; Juiced

Method: Drain the can of squid but leave a tablespoon of the sauce in. Place the shredded squid into a bowl and the rest of the ingredients together. Toast well and serve!

Serves: 2-3

Simple right? This dish taste good as it is but eating with steamed white rice compliments it well. It can be a very good starter to your meal as well as a side dish to add to your meal! Enjoy and I'll catch you in the next post very soon! XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment