Wednesday 13 January 2010

Episode 503 - Review for Tez Amore Cafe

Hi guys! Hope you guys are doing better than me. I'm down with the flu. Don't even know where it came from. Hope it goes away before I go for vacay. More foodie exploration coming your way!! Anyway, this will be a short one. Me and my girlfriends checked out the new cafe at Wisma Yakin, Kuala Belait. It's a cafe opened by a very young chap. Kudos to him to even have the guts to open an eatery in KB. Honestly speaking, I think it's challenging to open a cafe here though that would be one of my dreams one day. A restaurant or a fusion of cafe and clothes. Two things I love most. Haha. Ok, back to the Cafe. Well, I went there with 3 of my other friends and we didn't order any dishes, just drinks and desert. I must say. I was very disappointed and still am. The drinks we ordered were simple drinks. Longan 'ping', Ice Lemon Tea , warm milk (yes, MILK!!! and they didn't have any cookies to go that with Haha but at least they frothed that up) and one more. I forgot. Then, we ordered Chocolate Soufle and their home made Green tea Ice cream. The Ice Longan was not sweet, the lemon tea just tasted like lemon drink and the Chocolate Soufle wasn't pleasing at all. Though eating with the Vanilla Ice cream tasted better. The Soufle was too firm I guess and somehow seemed like Chocolate 'agar-agar'. Then came the Green tea ice cream. It tasted good but the texture was all wrong for ice cream. It had icy particles in it. Think it wasn't smooth enough. However, presentation wise, the deserts looked good. Out of ten I'd give the cafe a 4 just because it had a nice interior with lotsa IKEA stuff and OMG I almost wanted to steal the Fondue thingy. Haha. But I think it was somehow of an insence burner.. Hmmm... I like the string curtains they put up and the comfortable sofas. But lastly, they really need to do something with the ventilation because they have an open kitchen concept. Leaving the cafe smelling like oil is just not that nice. One thing is for sure, there is lots of room for improvement! Hope they won't take my opinions the wrong way. Because lots of my other friends have the same thoughts as I do. Think I'll need to go and try their food next! Heard it's not that bad. Alright, if you want to try out Tez Amore Cafe, it is situated at Jalan Pandan 5, Wisma Yakin Building, next to the Chinese Restaurant.
Catch you in the next post! :o)