Monday 27 April 2009

Episode 104 - Dad's Beef Ribs Soup

I came home for lunch today and to my surprise my dad cooked beef ribs soup (Usually it's the boring Ikan Goreng *hehee*). Actually he lied to me saying that it was deer meat and I believed him! *haha*. My Dad can cook well cos I enjoyed drinking the soup *slurps* and eating the sweet and tender meat! Here's the recipe and it's really simple!

Dad's Beef Ribs Soup

Ingredients:
1 kg beef ribs
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
2-3 Cardamom Seeds
1 stick of Cinnamon
Salt
Pepper

Method:
Sate the sliced onion, garlic, Cardomom and Cinnamon in a pot with 3 tablespoons of oil. Once you can smell the aroma of the spices put in 4-5 bowls (medium sized) of water and place the cut ribs into the pot. The water level should be slightly above the meat.

With the lid slightly opened, let the soup brew on low heat for 2 hours or until meat is tender n soft. Lastly, add salt and pepper to taste.

To add a little more taste to it, you can lessen the amount of salt you put in the soup and instead put around 2 tablespoon of Bovril.

Delish!!

Serves: 5