Saturday 25 April 2009

Episode 101 - Pilot

Hey you all, Welcome to my blog! There's just two things you need to know about my blog. Firstly, it's about my passion for good food and secondly it's created to share with you my love for food. It will contain recipes, secret (well, not so secret) tips and various ideas about food and anything associated with it. I will also share my views on my favourite places to eat and what to eat.

To kick off my Pilot episode, I will share with you my all time favourite snack or appertiser - Bruschette (I just made this yesterday and OMG i forgot how tasty it is!):

Butter Toasted Baguette with Tomatoes

Ingredients:
A short loaf of Baguette
Butter (Salted)
Tomatoes (8-9 large)
Olive Oil/spread
Half a lemon
A handful Basil (Fresh or dry)
Salt
Pepper
Phillidelphia Cheese

Method:
Get the Baguette (sounds complicated? It's just French bread! hehe, Can get it off from any bakery or SupaSave!) and slice them into half an inch and butter them up on one side and toast them in an oven until golden brown. Make sure you switch your oven to just the top heater On. For those health conscious people, you can use olive oil or spread instead of butter and lighlty salt them after.

Now, you dice some fresh tomatoes (Don't forget to wash your tomatoes. I recommend using some Vegetable washing liquid you can get from any Supermarket which gets rid of the wax and dirt Pronto!). Then add olive oil, finely chopped fresh basil or dried ones which you can get in bottles in the Supermarket , salt and pepper to taste and a squeeeeze of lemon.

To serve or to enjoy your Bruschette. Spread a kind amount of Phillidelphia (hope i got that spelling right) cheese and put a few spoonfuls of tomatoes you just prepared. And then take a bite on that crunchy slice of baguette with those sweet tomatoes!

Yummyy!!

Serves: 8