Saturday 2 May 2009

Episode 107 - NH's Salad


Well, they have Ceaser, we have NH! Hehe This is my very own version of Ceaser Salad. I tried the Ceaser Salad sauce they had in the bottle, I must say I don't quite like it because it was a bit too sour for me. So i tried this just now and it tasted as good! My sis second me, she reassured that it tasted like Ceaser Salad. Ok, when you're eating steak or anything Western at home, make this as it is such a great tasted salad to go with your meal!

NH's Salad

Ingredients:
6-7 leaves of Iceberg Lettuce
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
2 tablespoon of Mayonaise
1 tablespoon of Cream Cheese
2 tablespoon of fine Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon of garlic Powder

Method:
Wash and cut the lettuce in the size that you like (usually around 2 inch across would make it easier to toss). Mix all the wet ingredients into a small bowl and put it in the bowl of cut leaves you prepared earlier. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss the salad well.

As you can see in the pic, I added a little colour to it by cutting strips of carrots. The salad also goes real well with (tin canned) tuna, smoked salmon or grilled chicken (you can use leftover chicken meat). Try it! You won't regret it! :0)
Serves: 4-5