Saturday 4 July 2009

Episode 214 - Butter Almond Crispies

Butter Almond Crispies

I got this recipe from a mini cookbook series called "Cookies". It's by Betty Saw and it features 35 of the best and tastiest cookies ever. So, I tried them the other day and I must say I am very pleased with the outcome! They were spectacular as what she wrote saying....

"These simple cookies have a light, crisp texture..."

And they tasted exactly as she said. I'm posting this recipe up for you the readers to try it out. I had a lil problem making them though. I only had 1 plastic piping bag (thanks, babe M) and it kind of burst halfway through. So I had to use 2 teaspoons and spoon them onto the baking tray which I then flatten it a little with my finger Hehe. It kind of took me nearly 3 hours to finish the whole baking thing. By the end of the day I was exhausted but my family and friends found them really good and one even said that they're suitable for the elderly because they're light in texture.

Butter Almond Crispies

Ingredients:
2 tbsp Corn flour (Corn starch)
210 g (7.5 oz) Plain (all-purpose) flour
250 g (9 oz) Cold Butter, diced
100 g (3.5 oz) Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
100 g (3.5 oz) Ground Almonds
Multi - coloured sugar balls

Method:
Line Baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift together corn flour and plain flour. With and electric mixer, cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add sifted dry ingredients, then ground almonds, pulsing until evenly combined.
Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium 6-point star nozzle. Pipe S with the loops close together onto prepared trays. Sprinkle sugar balls over.
Bake in preheated 175 degrees Celsius (345 degrees Farrenheit) oven for 15 minutes, or until light golden. Remove and leave to cool on wire recks.

*Tip*: You can use other deco such as rainbow coloured rice or crushed bits of almonds. You can also pipe them into different shapes you like other than the S ones. Store your baked and cooled cookies in an air tight container to retain its crispiness. You can bake these for Celebrations like Hari Raya or Chinese New Year or Christmas or bake them and place in a jar tied with ribbon and present it as a gift for someone's B-day.

Hope you enjoyed this recipe. I will post the pic soon! Thanks for reading my first Cookie recipe!! XO