Monday 26 April 2010

Episode 518 - Steamboat @ IceBar & Cafe Shabu-Shabu, Fresh Coconut Water @ Shahbandar , Lorenz Potato Chips & Chaw Kue Tiaw @ Sg. Liang

I tried something out today. Not food wise, but physicality wise. Karate! Haha, all I know is that the warming up session is wayyy intensive than hiking all the hills at Shahbandar. There was like coordination exercise, abs build-up and all the push ups and sit-ups. Walau. I tell you, don't play, play, I think after a few weeks of doing this I'll be having abs. Not too sure if I wana continue the next session as I'm pretty much having a hard time typing now. haha.

Noodles, slices of lamb meat & Large Seafood platter

The "buffet" of Sauces!

Your choice of soup in a hot pot waiting for you to dump in your meat slices

Ok, back to food. A few places I'd like to recomment in this episode, all gathered up from the past weekend. Saturday, jalan-jalan with the family in Bandar. Tried out Shabu-Shabu at IceBar & Cafe Shabu-Shabu at Qlap Plaza Hotel, Kiulap. Just opposite of Hua Ho Kiulap, 1st floor, straight up after the escalator. In other words it's actually just like Steamboat with lots of meat choices. They have several types of food sets that you can choose from large to mini sizes with a range of meat like seafood, beef, lamb & chicken. You can have them with either noodles or steamed rice. I'm not quite a steamboat fan but this was pretty exceptional. Prices weren't that bad either. Probably around BND 15 per head. They also have a buffet of sauces and free flow water. My mum actually went, "hah? water only free ah?". And I answered, got free water good already lor, other restaurants don't have. Haha. Anyway, if you haven't try it out, please do and I think bookings should be made cos it is always a full house there. Rate: 6.5/10.


So, I am a recent hiker at Shanbandar. Picked it up after so many years of not hiking. And I've pretty much gained my confidence in it after a few weeks of "training" as the first one, I was totally pucat and wanted to faint. What I'd like to recommend is to try out the SUPER COOLING fresh Coconut water (they actually cool the whole coconut in the fridge) at the stalls near the foot of Shahbandar. Cost at BND2 per coconut, it is such a thirst quencher after that exhausting hike. Plus, coconut water is a natural Isotonic drink and it seriously releases that heat from within your body! Totally natural detox drink!


Next, LORENZ brand crisps! They are really yummy! Comes in a few flavours (the Paprika one is the BOMB!) and types like chips, potato sticks and some others, get them from Supasave or Hua Ho at BND 3.60 for the large packet and the small ones for around BND1.80. I'm actually munching on em right now. Crazy, can't stop!

And lastly, my first taste of Fried Kue Tiaw at that Sungai Liang Kopitiam. I'll get the name of the place soon but it's just on your right after the junction to Labii (on your way up from KB-Bandar). It's a little blue wooden lot. Open-air concept , pure Kopitiam style but they have flat screen TV, man. I did find the side bench pretty interesting. Just a plank of wood nailed onto the side of the wall. Not forgetting the BANANAS! Din get a picture of that but they looked so huge as if they were gona explode anytime! LOL They did screw up our order but it was all good cos we were hungry.

I think I'll stop here. My arms are really killing me! See you in the next post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment