Friday 7 May 2010

Episode 519 - Thermomix a.k.a the machine which does anything (in the kitchen that is)!

Thermomix - The Superman of Food Processors

I had a very interesting time one evening last week. My Supervisor invited me to some sort of a cooking demo. Apparently he said there's a very amazing machine which cooks for you with a touch of few buttons. I had a glimpse of it on a brochure he brought but had a first hand experience during the demo we had at a colleague's place. I was truly amazed because this magical machine is like all machines in one. More precisely its actually 8 types of machine in one. It can basically do around 14 things which other machines can prolly do only 3 and that is one thing at a time. But this machine does 3 things at a time! Steams, cooks & blends! The other 100 things it can do are : weigh, chop, emulsify, whip, grinds, knead and more! So I had a chance to see how the machine can make and then steam 'Man Tou' (best Man Tou I've tasted & the dough the machine kneaded was just super smooth & fine!) , cooks & blends pumpkin into a creamy soup, stir fried Spinach, cooked rice & steamed chicken at the same time. I was totally impressed by it. However it is like darn expensive man. Cost around BND 2,000. But I guess it is a good investment if 1. you have no other machines like food processors, blenders or mixers in your kitchen, 2. if you have a supperrr busy life as the machine can cook anything for you in just less than 20 minutes, 3. if you can afford a 2k food processor haha But regardless, it is surely something worth to look at because practically it cuts cooking and preparation time into half. I just have one negative thing about it. This machine cuts the joy of cooking entirely! And ya, it doesn't deep fry food too because it is a machine which supports healthy cooking!

Go to this website for more info: www.thermomix.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment