Saturday 22 May 2010

Episode 520 - The Perfect Egg Sandwich


Eggs! Babe LY's favourite! I don't think anyone can hate eggs! Eat it with your Indomee or cook it with vege, dump it in your soup, make cakes with it, mash it, boil it, poach it, it all taste as good! You can never go wrong with eggs.


I discovered this recipe during my Uni days where Babe LY's mum would make a container of this egg sandwich mix and LY will be chomping her way to heaven. I knew it was really precious to her but regardless I didn't decline her offer! And my God, was it a damn good egg sandwich mix. Ok, not nearly the same but similarly close to the real recipe, this is my own blend of the perfect egg sandwich!

Ingredients: 3 hard boiled eggs - mashed 4 tablespoons of Mayonnaise 1 cup of shredded carrot 1 teaspoon of sweetened Condensed milk 1 tbspoon of Cream Cheese A dash of pepper & dried parsley 6 pieces German Bread - cut in halves

Method: Mix well all ingredients. Take the halved bread and make a pocket in the middle with a sharp knife and stuff 2 tablespoons of egg mix in it.
Serves: 6

*Tip*: Add some more mayonnaise for extra creamy egg mix. Serves well with fresh salad and fries on the side. Use Wholemeal bread for a healthier choice or a Crossaint if you like a little buttery flavour to your sandwich!

I added slices of chicken ham and fresh lettuce to my sandwich with this egg mix and it was absolutely tasty! Great dish for a breakfast meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment