Monday 31 May 2010

Episode 601 - Happy Birthday Daddy & Dinner @ Charcoal, BBQ & Grill

Happy Belated birthday, Daddy dearest! Celebrated his 54th birthday last Wednesday and we had Dim Sum from 11 Degrees Sports Cafe, Sutera Biru Hotel, Kuala Belait. They serve Halal Dimsum and they serve pretty good Dim Sum too! I mean, it's not as good as Dynasty's but can eat la~ Had the Siu Mai, Fried Carrot Cake (my favourite!), Prawn Salad, Yam Ko', Vege Popiahs, steamed chicken (supposedly with shark fin but I ain't seen any shark fin on that) and some fish balls. Pretty filling cos you know when you eat several small dishes, they just fill your tummy up easily but funny you can get hungry fast. Then we had cake from Mum Bakery. Chocolate Royale Cheesecake. I am very sure that this is one of the best cakes they have. Soft sponge chocolate cake layered with light cream cheese. Such a great combo! Mmmmm delish!

Fried Carrot Cake - Which part of it is carrot? hmmm..

Next, caught the Prince of Persia Sands of Time movie at the Empire. Pretty good movie as it was action packed and I love the effects where they kind of slow mo on some of the scenes when he jumps off from one building to another. Really great acting from Jake Gyllenhall though! Surprised me as he kinda gave me a stigma from the movie Brokeback Mountain! But seriously, anyone who could play out as a Homosexual lover can make any movie a hit! And the lines were pretty humorous too! A total must see movie of the year! Can't wait for all the upcoming Summer movies! Ok, enough about movies. After the movie, I went for steak at Charcoal BBQ & Grill. Asked the waiter what is the best lamb steak they have and he recommended the Mint & Pineapple Lamb. Cooked to perfection, I loved the taste. Complimented with the sizzling sauce and 2 side dishes. I couldn't finish the whole thing! My friends had the Piri-Piri Chicken, Sirloin Steak, Half a grilled Chicken and "appertisers" we all had Oyster mushrooms deep fried with a coating of batter, Mushroom soup, Calamari rings and the best one was the Salmon Crepe! - Sweet & salty sheets of Smoked Salmon wrapped in a thin crepe with some mayo/ creame freche! So freaking good! Didn't have my digi camera with me so I used my handphone. Blurry pics but better than nothing :) Which makes me think that I should get a bloody SLR!





From top to Bottom: My Mint & Pineapple Grilled Lamb, Half a grilled Chicken, Salmon with Mango Dressing Salad, d very nyaman/da-bomb four seasons (mixture of mango juice & several other fruit juices blended) & Salmon Crepe

0 comments:

Post a Comment