Friday 12 June 2009

Episode 204 - "Chai Po" Egg Omelette or Preserved Radish Omelette

I can tell you one thing. This is one of the best dish to go along with your porridge. It was Friday. Fridays for my family are usually Porridge day for lunch . So, my mum whipped this up and it's so darn delicious although there's nothing but egg and the preserved radish in it. The Radish usually come in packets and you can find anywhere in the Supermarket. They are light brown in colour and are usually in long crinkly strips around 4 inches long. I couldn't get a pic of it online but funny story. I was searching a Chai Po pic in Google Images and I came across a picture of a guy, giving the peace sign with the caption below saying ..."I love you, Lo Chai Por". Ok, no offense but it was really funny. *LOL* But anyhow, I'll try to take a pic of the Radish soon and post it up.

"Chai Po" Egg Omelette
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of Preserved Radish/"Chai Po"- minced
3 Eggs
A few tablespoons of Cooking Oil
Pepper
Method:
Beat the eggs with the Chai Po together. Add a pinch of pepper. In a large hot wok or non-stick pan, place the oil and pour in the egg mixture. Once the top bit is a little dry on the sides and browned, flip it till boths sides are cooked. Garnish with Chives and serve it with a bowl of porridge.
*Tip: The more Oil you use to fry the egg mix, the fluffier your omelette will be. Make sure that the Oil is hot before you put in the beaten eggs mix.

Alright, it's just a simple recipe for today. I have in store for you my Dad's Beef Curry and also some gadgets for your kitchen.
Till the next post, Adios! :0D